To create a snapshot of the screen with Microsoft Windows,
- Press the Print Screen (PrtScn) button to capture the entire screen.
- Hold the Alt key and press Print Screen (PrtScn) to capture just the window of an application.
Option 2 is the best choice, if there is no need to see the entire screen. To send the screenshot in email,
- Start a new message in Outlook
- Click in the body of the message
- Paste the screenshot into the message
You can also paste the screenshot into a picture-editing program, such as Paint, to crop the image, add text, insert an arrow, place a circle around an area of interest and so on. Save the result. Then, send the picture in email by adding an attachment.