Note: Make sure you are on campus and have a wired network connection before continuing.
Students, faculty and staff should normally change their password at the CUNE Accounts website (see How do I change or reset my password?).
After a faculty or staff member changes their password, they should follow the steps below to update the passwords in their keychain.
- Log off your Mac
- Login with your new password
- You should receive a prompt, select “Update Keychain Password”
- Enter your old password in the box that pops up
- Once you are logged in you need to open Keychain Access
- Open a new finder window (click on the leftmost icon on the dock)
- Select “Applications” in the left pane
- Select “Utilities” at the bottom of the applications list
- Double click “Keychain Access”
- Select the “Login” keychain on the left, it should be unlocked
- There are a handful of passwords that will need to be updated, you should look for any of the following:
- PS1-printer name
- For any of the above entries do the following:
- Double click to open the entry
- Check the “Show Password” box
- Enter your new password in the box that pops up
- Select “Allow”
- Update the password that appears to your new password
- Select “Save Changes”
The Macintosh has now been updated to accept your new password.