To better secure our accounts, we will be requiring all faculty and staff to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for their CUNE Microsoft account.
On the Additional security verification page, select the two-factor verification method to use when you sign into your CUNE account. You can select from the following verification methods:
|Authenticator app (Recommended)
- Notify me through app (Recommended) – You will receive a push notification to the Authenticator app on your smartphone. Open the app and approve the login.
- Verification code from app – After entering your password, you will have to open the Authenticator app on your smartphone and enter a code from the app onto the sign-in page. The app generates a new code every 30 seconds.
- The Microsoft Authenticator app is available for Android and iOS.
- Text message – You will receive a text message containing a verification code. Enter the verification code from the text message into the O365 sign-in page.
- Phone call – You will receive a phone call to the phone number you provide. Answer the call and press the pound key (#) on the phone to finalize your login.
Office phone (Do NOT USE)
- Please DO NOT configure Office phone for MFA as this will cause issues.
- Click Save. You are now set up for MFA and your account is more secure!
For information on setting up MFA for your cune.org account, please see How do I set up MFA for my cune.org Account?“