To better secure your account, we require all employees to use Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for their CUNE Microsoft account. We highly recommend you setup the Microsoft Authenticator app on your phone and use the 'Receive notifications for verification' option on step 6.
- Go to aka.ms/mfasetup and sign in with your CUNE email
- Click 'Next'
- You will be brought to the security verification page. First, choose how you would like to be notified when an MFA request is needed.
Note 1: We do NOT support using the 'Office phone' option; don't use it. We HIGHLY recommend you use the 'Mobile app' option, if possible.
Note 2: If you plan to use our VPN for remote access you must choose either 'Authentication phone' with 'Call me' selected OR 'Mobile app' with 'Receive notifications for verification' selected.
- If you choose 'Authentication phone', you should see the image below. Choose the appropriate country code, then enter your phone number (no spaces or dashes). You will also need to choose whether to receive a text message or a phone call, then click 'Next'.
- If you choose, 'Send me a code by text message' you will receive a six digit code to enter on the next page to verify your phone number. Alternatively if you choose, 'Call me' you will receive a phone call and will be prompted to press '#' to verify your phone number. Once the verification is complete you will see a page similar to this, then click 'Done'.
- If you choose 'Mobile App', you should see the image below. Choose how you would like to use the mobile app, then click 'Set up'.
- The 'Configure mobile app' page will appear, follow the directions to install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone and add your account, then click 'Next'.
- Then you will be prompted to verify that the app is setup by either receiving a notification that you will need to approve or you will need to enter the six digit number given to you from the app. Once the verification is complete you are done!