On newer mobile devices, there is a setting that randomizes the MAC address of the device before connecting to the network. This feature can cause problems on the campus Wi-Fi, as we register the device’s MAC address so it can connect. Here’s how you can turn this setting off:
For iOS devices:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the Settings app
- Tap Wi-Fi
- Tap the blue “i” next to the CUNE or CUNESecure network (the one you want to connect to)
- See Private Address – Make sure this toggle is off.
On Android devices:
- Open Settings
- Tap Connections
- Select Wi-Fi and click the gear next to your current connection
- On MAC address type, select Phone MAC.
For students: Note that if you registered your device with a randomized MAC address, you will have to re-register it using the phone MAC address.
If you have 8 devices registered already and need a device removed, submit a ticket with the New Ticket button above and let us know the MAC addresses you want deleted.