Faculty and staff may add a network printer to their iMac or MacBook Pro computer that is connected to the Concordia University network. Since printers are an individual choice, each user must add the printers that they want to use.
- Go to the Apple menu->System Preferences.
- Click “Printers & Scanners”.
- Click the lock icon in the bottom left corner.
- Enter your localadmin username and password and click “Unlock”.
- Click the plus ‘+’ sign above the lock.
- Select the printer or copier you want to add.
prn = printer
mfd = copier
-c = color
Below you will see “Choose a Driver…” click the drop-down arrow and click on “Select Software…”.
- Use the “Filter” box to search for the appropriate driver.
Black/White Copier – “TOSHIBA MonoMFP-X7 USA”.
Color Copier – “TOSHIBA ColorMFP-X7 USA”.
Black/White Printer – “HP LaserJet 4300 Series”.
Color Printer – “HP Color LaserJet CP4525”.
Click on the correct driver and select “OK”.
- With the correct driver listed click “Add”.
- Once added you can select which printer is your default from the “Default printer” drop-down.